As we have discussed on our blog before, mindfulness is the practice of focusing in on the awareness of the present moment. Exercises like guided meditation can help to train your mind to engage with mindfulness more naturally.
I often recommend three mindfulness apps that can help with implementing mindfulness principles into your everyday life. Each of these have smartphone apps for download and an online website for you to access the resources.
I’ve listed the name with a link to their website and some of my favorite features of each app:
– Guided meditations
– Sleep stories
– Soothing nature sounds and scenes
– Advanced features including: music, guided stretching
– Guided mindfulness based on topics
– Short exercises for on-the-go meditation
– SOS exercises incase of sudden meltdowns
My Life: Stop, Breath, Think
– Mindful breathing exercise
– Recommendations based on how your mood
– Mindful journaling feature
– Daily inspiration quotes and pictures
If you’re looking for an easy way to add mindfulness into your everyday practice, try out these apps! Using these apps as a guide to train your mind can help to improve mood, reduce stress, and increase happiness.
Let us know if you have any other apps that you love to use when incorporating mindfulness into your daily routine!
Written By: Emily Ruggles
Also, check out our podcast on mindfulness!