You have probably heard that laughter is the best medicine. Many studies explain the benefits for your body, stress management, and relationships.
According to the Mayo Clinic, laughter affects your body in several ways:
- Stimulates your heart, lungs and muscles and increases endorphins
- Decreases your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Reduces physical symptoms of stress
- Improves immune function
- Eases pain
- Improves mood
According to an article in Psychology Today, laughter can also help with relationships.
- It synchronizes the brains of speaker and listener so that they are emotionally attuned.
- Laughter establishes or restores a positive emotional climate and a sense of connection between two people.
Laughter can be contagious. Instead of citing more articles giving reasons to laugh, click here to watch people laughing at other people laughing. For an extra challenge, try not to grin or laugh while watching. ?????
Written by: Dustin Ellis