Amberly attended the University of North Georgia for her Bachelors Degree, where she majored in Psychology and minored in Sociology. She continued her education at the University of North Georgia where she received her Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Since graduation, she has worked in the private practice setting continuing to gain experience working with children and parents. Amberly believes that working with the entire family system creates the ideal environment for growth and healing. She is a Registered Play Therapist and utilizes Child Centered Play Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy, and Attachment based modalities.
Amberly works with children and teens in the following specialty areas:
- Anxiety – Perfectionism, Test & Performance Anxiety, Anger, Tics, Obsessive-Compulsive behaviors, Disordered Eating, Trichotillomania
- ADHD – Impulsivity, Distractibility, Aggression, and Anxious Thoughts
- Athletic Performance – Anxiety, Identity Development, Grief & Loss, Depression, Visualization Skills, Confidence
- Autism Spectrum Disorder– Social Skills, Sensory Processing, Anxiety, Bullying, Self-Esteem
- Grief – Trauma, Anger, Isolation, Depression, Defiance
Amberly also offers parenting support including concerns such as attachment, communication, parenting strategies, appropriate limit setting, and co-parenting.
Amberly’s heart is to use both her passion and training to help children and teens navigate through life’s many obstacles. Her biggest hope is that they become the best versions of themselves and truly know they are worthy of everything life has to offer them, despite what the world may tell them. When Amberly is not in the office, she enjoys spending time with her family and German Shepherd, watching sports, and staying active.
Amberly is a member of the Association for Play Therapy and also holds a certification in AutPlay.
Supervisor: Crissy Himelstein, MA, LPC, CPCS, RPT-S