Molly is passionate about helping clients improve their ability to recognize and express their own needs, improve communication, heal from past wounds, and empower themselves and their loved ones to live a more full and satisfying life.
In sessions, Molly creates a comfortable, safe, and accepting atmosphere where clients of all ages can explore the challenges they are facing. She uses a combination of techniques, drawing from Attachment Theory, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and client-centered, strength-based techniques to meet her clients where they are and walk with them through the process of creating positive change. She has been trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) and utilizes this to address a variety of presenting concerns, including trauma, mood disorders, and phobias.
Molly holds a Master of Family Therapy from Mercer University and is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Her extensive training and clinical experience have equipped her to work with clients of all ages with varying presenting issues. Prior to joining GROW, she worked with children, adolescents, and their families struggling with acute mental illness in an intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization setting at Crescent Pines Hospital, and individuals and families at AMC Family Medicine and the Mercer Family Therapy Center.
Molly’s areas of clinical focus are as follows:
- Anxiety: stress management, panic attacks, performance anxiety, intrusive thoughts, relational insecurities, difficulty with transitions, social anxiety, negative thought patterns, school anxiety
- Identity: life-cycle transitions, career planning and changes, sexuality, gender identity, self-esteem, goals, spirituality, adolescents and teens, young adults, peer pressure, college
- Grief: bereavement, moving or relocation, divorce or separation, complicated grief, pet loss, launching
- Trauma: PTSD, recent traumatic events, first responders, veterans, traumatic loss, trauma-related anxiety
- ADHD: focus and concentration, social skills, organizational skills, rejection sensitivity, college and school struggles, adult ADHD
Molly grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has lived in the southeast for the past 12 years. She and her husband currently live in northeast Atlanta, and when she is not at the office she enjoys cooking, practicing yoga, spending time outdoors, and traveling.