In working with families, I often get asked for book recommendations by parents that can further support the work being done in session with their child. Here are some of my most common suggested resources for navigating discipline, child development, parent-child relationship, and strategies for managing challenging behaviors.
1. The Whole-Brain Child by Dan Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
2. Parenting With Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
3. Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Dan Siegel
4. How to Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims
5. No Drama Discipline by Dan Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
6. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Written by: Michelle Rathburn